Where the eff is Warrensburg, IL? Dunno… but we are gonna love all the different types of gravel they have there! And once again if you hate this course, blame Kyle May… he’s the evil mastermind behind this one too!
ALERT: Route vs. Segment
The timed segment is shorter than the route. In order to make the segment safer and to warm you up properly… we will run you from Da Burg parking lot heading out of town and your segment time will not start until you turn right on Roosevelt Rd and get past the last house… quickly launching you out into the open fields. So take your time rolling out from the bar and prepare yourself for a longer ride this time… just under 36 miles with some rocky roads, gravel roads, b-roads, some train side double-track and an optional water crossing( around mile 13.5) … ride across on the right, dismount and walk or hike above or around…. riding is fastest, but I’ll let you choose your own adventure. Then as you close back in on the Warrensburg town, the water tower and the sea of windmills… we will stop your time on the last gravel drive on the left before you get back to 121st…. See Route vs. Segment illustrated below.
Pay attention to stop signs, yield signs, and make sure you are following the rules of the road. This includes respecting the local traffic and making sure you yield around any obstructed corners, even if you have the right of way.
I would recommend a minimum of 35mm or greater sized tires and tubeless is a plus. This course is rockier than previous courses, so ride within your abilities, double-check your sealant pre-ride and have flat repair supplies on hand… all good things to check before most gravel adventures. The segment listed below is: Jabba Awaits at Da Burg Barge.
You can park at Da Burg Bar & Grill on Main St( 145 N Main St Warrensburg, Illinois 62573) … just maybe not right in front to save spaces for their customers. This is a longer ride, I would recommend 3 bottles or a hydration pack. Please plan ahead and leave no garbage or signs of being there… thank you.
- A Kyle May original, Warrensburg 37 Gravel
- Sample ride recap on on RideSpot.org, good for one bonus raffle ticket: https://www.ridespot.org/rides/158263
The Strava Segment
- Jabba Awaits at Da Burg Barge: https://www.strava.com/segments/24563297
Reminder: The Rules
- All rides need to be solo, no drafting as this is a challenge for fun during a time when social distancing is highly recommended for these four routes.
- Routes can be ridden as many times as you want, fastest time will be your entry.
- All routes are unmarked and all roads are open, so please follow the rules of the road and ride safely. By participating in this event, you are taking responsibility for your own safety.
- Helmets are cool & mandatory.
- Front and rear lights/blinkies are rad and recommended.
- Follow the rules of the road, safety is more valuable than seconds.