What if Danvers, IL had a gravel loop…. what if bike shops in Blono could lead gravel rides on week nights from town…, welp… they do and now they can. I give you all the ripping fast, the it goes all directions… the first route in series 2, the Pavement Ends at Tatooine.
ALERT: Route vs. Segment
The timed segment is shorter than the route. In order to make the segment safer and to warm you up properly… we will run you from Danvers Elementary to Old Peoria Rd and your segment time will not start until you turn right on N 550 East Rd and start laying down the gravel watts. So take your time rolling out from the school… this route is fast and flowing constantly switching from gravel to tarmac… choose your tires accordingly and save just a little for your bike throw at the welcome to Danvers town sign. See Route vs. Segment illustrated below.
Pay attention to stop signs, yield signs, and make sure you are following the rules of the road. This includes respecting the local traffic and making sure you yield around any obstructed corners, even if you have the right of way.
I would recommend a minimum of 32mm or greater sized tires and tubeless is a plus. The segment listed below is: Smugglers, criminals, and other rogues, oh my!
You can park at Danvers Elementary School, they do have one out house up near the baseball field and there is a Fast Stop gas station a few blocks away for any last minute needs. Please plan ahead and leave no garbage or signs of being there… thank you.
- A KOM Teller original, Pavement Ends at Tatooine :
- Sample ride recap on on RideSpot.org, good for one bonus raffle ticket: https://www.ridespot.org/rides/158263
The Strava Segment
- Smugglers, criminals, and other rogues, oh my!: https://www.strava.com/segments/24404205
Reminder: The Rules
- All rides need to be solo, no drafting as this is a challenge for fun during a time when social distancing is highly recommended for these four routes.
- Routes can be ridden as many times as you want, fastest time will be your entry.
- All routes are unmarked and all roads are open, so please follow the rules of the road and ride safely. By participating in this event, you are taking responsibility for your own safety.
- Helmets are cool & mandatory.
- Front and rear lights/blinkies are rad and recommended.
- Follow the rules of the road, safety is more valuable than seconds.