Are you ready to get out for some gravel adventure? Route 1 is like 60-70% road, but it has some fun sections of gravel for the rest of the route including the fast Schlappi downhill and the brutal Crazy Cook Hill climb right before the finish. It flows together very nicely with very little stop or yield signs, but make sure you are following the rules of the road, respecting the local F150/Jeep traffic and making sure you yield around any obstructed corners even if you have the right of way.
I would recommend a minimum of 32mm or greater sized tires and tubeless is a plus. The segment is the whole route so feel free to warm up first and/or get a running start, your scored time will be based on the segment below: The Deer Creek Run, In Less Than 12 Parsecs.
You can park at the Deer Creek American Legion Post, but know it is not open to the public so plan ahead and please leave no evidence of being there(dumpster in back rear corner): 31473 American Legion Dr, Deer Creek, Illinois 61733
- Sample ride recap on on RideSpot.org, good for one bonus raffle ticket: https://www.ridespot.org/rides/158263
The Strava Segment
- The Deer Creek Run, In Less Than 12 Parsecs: https://www.strava.com/segments/23325461
Reminder: The Rules
- All rides need to be solo, no drafting as this is a challenge for fun during a time when social distancing is highly recommended.
- Routes can be ridden as many times as you want, fastest time will be your entry.
- All routes are unmarked and all roads are open, so please follow the rules of the road and ride safely. By participating in this event, you are taking responsibility for your own safety.
- Helmets are cool & mandatory.
- Front and rear lights/blinkies are rad and recommended.
- Follow the rules of the road, safety is more valuable than seconds.